Come learn about how to support your family member with ADHD at this community hub event.
Mary Lynn Trotter MSW RSW will be on hand Thursday Sept. 27 from 3-7:30 to meet teachers, administrators and parents who are seeking supports for students with ADHD and related learning differences.
The event is sponsored by the Toronto Danforth Ward 15 Community Hub, and includes many local agencies serving children and families.
It is also a chance to let us know what services you need in your community.
The event is at Chester ES and Westwood MS – 114 Gowan/994 Carlaw Ave. (northeast of Broadview/Mortimer).
Please bring your questions about:
- what is ADHD
- how to find out if my child might have it
- where to get a proper diagnosis
-what are the treatment options
- how to work collaboratively with my child’s teacher
- how to include sports activities as key adjunct therapies
- what supports are available in the community for free
- what OHIP won’t cover
- how to find a parent support group
- how counselling helps ADHD
- how to improve my child’s behavior
- does mom or dad also have ADHD
-IEPs and IPRCs – what are they, and how do they help
It’s report card time again! Fall term results may leave you wondering: how can I understand and help my child at school? Contact me to schedule a FREE consultation and information session. Email email@example.com or call 416 875 9474.